If you’re over the age of 50 and living in Kansas city, senior discounts can save you money on things like groceries, drug store items, dining out, and so much more! Here are just some of the places where you can save:
- HyVee: If you’re 55+, you can sign up for a Senior Discount Club Card, which will get you a 5% discount on purchases every Wednesday.
- Walgreens: Once a month, Walgreens runs a Seniors Day with discounts for those ages 55+ or for AARP members.
- Regal Cinemas: If you’re an AARP member and a Regal Crown Club member, you’ll get a $3 discount on a popcorn and drink combo.
- AMC Theatres: AMC Theatres offers a $1 senior discount for matinees and a $3 senior discount for evening movies if you’re age 60 or over.
- Kansas City Zoo. If you’re 55+, you’ll get a $1 discount on admission.
- Bonefish Grill: If you’re an AARP member, get a 15% discount on food purchases.
- Carrabba’s: If you’re an AARP member, get a 10% discount on food purchases.
- Chili’s: Most restaurants offer a senior discount, but it varies by location.
- Denny’s: Denny’s has a special 55+ menu with smaller portions at lower prices; or if you’re an AARP member, get a 15% discount on your check.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: If you’re an AAFP member, get a free donut with a L or XL beverage purchase.
- McCormick & Schmick’s: If you’re an AAFP member, get a 10% discount on your check.
- Outback Steakhouse: If you’re an AAFP member, get a 10% discount on food purchases.
- Kohl’s: If you’re 60 or older, get a 15% discount on Wednesdays.
- Ross Stores: If you’re 55+, sign up for the Every Tuesday Club at Customer Service and you’ll get a 10% discount on Tuesdays.
Most Kansas City metro area organizations that have senior discounts don’t advertise them online. The bottom line is every time you go into an establishment in Kansas City, Independence, Overland Park, Prairie Village (or anywhere in the metro area), ask about a senior discount. You may be surprised by how many venues offer them, even though they’re not publicized.